If you’re fed up with annoying sounds while sleeping, you need an anti-snoring mouthpiece. Zyppah is a well-popular anti-snore device brand that provides complete solutions for better sleep.
If you’re looking to buy this device, you should read my Zyppah review. In this review, I’ll discuss all the pros and cons of this anti-snoring mouthpiece.
Zyppah Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece Review
The Zyppah Rx is a relatively new anti-snore device on the market and has been designed by a former dentist Dr. Jonathan Greenburg who has been practicing for the last 30 years, specializing in snoring and sleep apnea.
- First impressions are deceiving, this anti-snore device did not look comfortable and we all agreed that we looked like we were off to war with the snore.
- It was no different than the other boil and bite mouthpiece for comfort and the elastic over the tongue did not create the gag response we all anticipated.
- The Zyppah is more expensive than other snoring devices in the market, but there is no competition for this dual snoring solution.
- The Zyppah is packaged extremely well, and the instructions were easy to follow. In fact the jaw alignment is preset which makes this device easier to fit.
- The materials used to manufacture the Zyppah snore device are FDA approved, BPA free and has been designed by a dentist.
- Zyppah is relatively new in the market, so no reports of any long term side affects from this product.
- Zyppah has received extremely good reviews with customers spreading the word to try this dual snoring masterpiece.
- Zyppah, with its new dual action snoring device is new to the market, but with the results we have seen, I don’t think they will be going anywhere.
- Zyppah is sold online and ships globally.
- The customer service was great with no social media reported problems.
- There is an unusual 90 day money back return on the product. The shipping cost is not refunded, but that seems the norm these days.
How Does It Work?
The Zyppah is different from the other anti-snore devices in the market and combines 2 solutions to address your snoring problem.
This anti-snoring device has the functionality of holding the lower jaw forward but also adds an elastic strap to hold the tongue down to prevent it from falling back and blocking the airway.
- Zyppah is a boil and bite, jaw repositioning device. It is custom moulded to your teeth to hold the lower jaw slightly forward. The forward motion of the jaw improves the airflow while you sleep and reduces the snoring sound.
- In conjunction with the jaw in the forward position there is also a tongue elastic that stabilises the tongue and prevents the tongue from falling back and blocking the airway.
The combination of tongue stabilization and mandibular advancement make this almost a guarantee to stop you from snoring and it is the only snore device of its kind in today’s market.
Zyppah is made from two different plastics and the jaw forward position has already been designed into the mouthpiece structure.
It is just a matter of heating the device and custom fitting over the teeth, so there is no guesswork on how forward the jaw should be positioned.
Luckily the Zyppah material is soft enough to try to remold 3 times.
Initially looking at the appliance we thought it would create a Gag response with the elastic that holds the tongue down, but it was actually quite comfortable.
The Zyppah was easy to sleep with and with a few jaw exercises in the morning, there was no prolonged discomfort.
The Zyppah is more expensive in comparison, but then again there is no competition for it in the market. It is sold in bright green, and pink. The material is a thermoplastic that is BPA-free and is FDA cleared.
Zyppah has a good refund policy and by reading their reviews they support a hassle-free refund, so there is very little risk in trying their device and finding out it does not work for you.
What did I like?
- We have had tremendous success with the Zyppah snore device.
- The combination of stabilizing the tongue and bringing the jaw forward to keep the airway open works well.
- It definitely reduced the snoring noise, so it falls under our list of recommended devices.
- The Zyppah anti-snore device has a 90-day return guarantee.
What I didn’t like?
- The idea of an elastic holding the tongue down took some getting used to and when in the mouth, although better than it looked, built up some saliva.
- Swallowing initially was a bit uncomfortable but after a few nights, it did become more acceptable. Like all boil and bite anti-snoring mouthpieces, there is always discomfort for the first week and the Zyppah was no different in this department.
- The Zyppah snore device can not be used by persons who wear dentures.
I would say- Zyppah provides one of the best anti-snoring devices for adults. It is a patent-pending design and you have the comfort of knowing it has been designed by a dentist. It definitely falls under our recommended snoring solutions.